Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Aloha 2016, and a prayer for 2017



Wishing you all a happy new year.  Please let 2017 be filled with peace, love, and blessings for all. Pretty please. 

I'd like to say a prayer that's been helping me get through my anxiety of late:

Dear God, make me an instrument of your peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; where there is sadness, joy.

Dear God, please grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to love; For it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoning that we are pardoned; it is in dying that we are born again to eternal life.

--St. Francis of Assisi.

p.s. our cookies for santa were a hit!  it was sprinkle-mania.  So much sprinkles that when i was cleaning up, it was like i was building sand castles, lol! 

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful prayer, Jane. Thanks for sharing that message. I especially like the second paragraph because we forget sometimes to give first before expecting to be understood. Wish I could taste those cookies! Happy New Year to you, too!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs, Lisa!!! Thanks for stopping by and love and hugs to you for the new year!! 💜🎉🎊

      Delete