Friday, June 2, 2017

Irony

Coparenting Life: My ex is taking the kids on a mini staycation. Yay for the kids! 

Now, he has refused three times to tell me which hotel they're staying at (as in, I've texted him asking politely, using please and thank you, and he's responded with not telling me). /eyeroll. The irony to this is that if I withheld information, he'd be blowing up my phone and emailing me nasty nitpicking emails until the cows come home. Part of me feels sorry for him that he's so petty, part of me is annoyed at the situation in general, and part of me is frustrated that he gets away with being a jerk.

I checked in with my therapist who helped talk through it with me--remember Jane, he has to feel like he's in control and that he's winning.  Somehow, withholding information from you makes him feel big.  He is Ex being Ex.  

Me:  yes.  

I also checked in with the play therapist to talk this through, and her response was--well, as long as you can talk with them, you don't really need to know in the end, and now he's set a precedent where you no longer have to answer his demands in the future.

And while I take comfort that I haven't completely melted down into a frustrated ball, that half of me is rolling my eyes at the pettiness, there is still that part of me that is just so sick and tired of the stupid bullcrap.

Of course it doesn't help that last week end, when I took the girls on their girl scout field trip, I was courteous and emailed him pictures.  Trying to be an adult and be the bigger person.  Oh well.

As they say no good deed goes unpunished!  Insert laughing and eyeroll emoji here.

On the upside, I'm going to see Wonder Woman tomorrow, yippee!

Happy Week End, All!



2 comments:

  1. Sigh. Yup. And sometimes you just want to say back - you're a little, little man. But you can't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Liv. I just read your post about the passport situation, seems like something is in the water making the Exies act extra Exie-poopy-heads. LOL. p.s. update, the girls ended up telling me where they were, and I don't think he was happy about it, poor dears. which makes me frustrated too, but oh well.

      Delete