Friday, March 14, 2014

Michigan, you make me cry

Dear Michigan,
I really, really love your great lakes, your endless green meadows, your Go Blue and even your Spartan cities.

But I have to ask:  Seriously, Michigan?  Rape insurance?  You do a disservice to women:

I wish it wasn't so.  I can't believe my ears and eyes.  You make me want to cry and barf at the same time.

I would like to say I'm shocked and surprised, but I have lived in your lily white and black streets before, somewhat curious about the lack of shades in between and the token Chinese restaurant.  I had thought maybe you just needed some time to grow up a little--and thought that maybe some progress had been made.  The last I visited there was even a Korean restaurant, along with a *gasp* Asian grocery store!

But, I digress.  And I am doing a disservice to the brave men and women who fought the amazing fight against bigotry and marginalization.  Who make a difference every day in someone's life, by pouring hope and love into their children's lives and widening their perspectives with the development and understanding of social responsibility--despite living in the now large umbrella of f-ing rape insurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment