Monday, June 26, 2017

She's a Wonder, Wonder Woman!




I’ve been walking a tightrope of co-parenting and work stress lately, but I’m so excited to share that I took a big break from all of that by taking the girls to see Wonder Woman, in full costume, with our lady pals!

Okay truth time, the little sisters and the moms dressed up, the tween and her BFF reluctantly wore one Wonder Woman glove each, but then later discarded them, to little sister’s delight, since then she could wear the “real” Wonder Woman wrist armor, ha ha ha.

I’ve cropped out some pics, but I hope you can feel the Wonder Woman love.





Sometimes, it’s just nice to share some laughter and love for an afternoon.

Sometimes, it’s okay to be silly.

Sometimes, it’s okay to let go of the stressors.

Sometimes, I have to breathe in this moment and love that my daughters get to see a feature movie with a superhero woman saving the world, directed by the first woman to command a 100 million dollar budget, to hear that love wins, and to have this experience be one that is “normal” to them.  That’s pretty dang amazing in my book.

-----

Now for the downside—after we left the theater, little sister was crying, because she didn’t want to say goodbye to her BFF.  She rallied after some theater goers were waving at us, saying bye Wonder Woman and baby Wonder Woman!  Which made her laugh and wave at them.  On the way home, on her daily phone call with her father, she mentioned going to the movies, then having a hard time leaving, and she said, I’m glad it wasn’t in front of you, because you’d say cut it out, or knock it off.  Straight out the mouth of babes.  (I hope she doesn’t get in trouble for saying that later.) L

And this morning, on the way to summer fun, we talked about how Exie’s birthday was coming up and I asked the girls if they wanted me to get a card for him; then the girls wanted to go shopping and I said, well, maybe you could talk to grandma (Exie’s mom) about it and she could take you this week end.  And both girls said, NO, mom, that won’t work, because Grandma and daddy fight all the time, and he’d never let her take us.  L

Ugh, what the heck is going on?  So I said unfortunately we didn’t have time to go shopping after school because of all of our after school stuff, but I could pick up a card for sure, and big sister said okay, please get a fancy chocolate bar, with no nuts!  LOL.  So I’m putting this out there in the universe—doing kind deeds for the purpose of helping my daughters.  I hope this doesn’t come back and bite me in the a$$, but if it does, oh well.


Because today, love wins.  !  And no one can take that away from us.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome pics and love the costumes! Great idea and so fun to inspire your daughters with strong woman theme. I've heard good things about this movie. You're so kind to offer to get the card and yes, it is for the girls. You could also have them make one? I used to do that with my kids. You have the biggest heart, Jane. You win!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, thanks so much for your kind words! That's a great idea about making him one. I'll keep that idea in my pocket for sure; as they both love drawing. :) Love and hugs to you!!

      Delete