Friday, December 15, 2017

Anxiety is a rollercoaster


Some days at Chez Survive, Live, Thrive, I’m at the “survive” end of the spectrum.  I’ve had some great moments of strength and confidence over the last month or so, but the last few days, the pendulum is swinging the other way.  Self-doubt, and fear, and good old PTSD rearing up it’s yuckity head.  I’m so thankful to have an outlet and the means to know that I’ll get through this if I just hang in a little longer…

And at the same time, it just hurts so much.  It hurts to see my babies emotionally manipulated.  It hurts to have to wonder—what is he up to next.  It hurts that my stomach knots up in convoluted knots knowing that I’ll be facing him at a hearing next month.  I refuse to let that ruin my holidays, but I’m struggling.

So I guess I’m just reaching out to the world to say that during this time of joy and celebration, of hope and longing for peace in the holiday season, that there are also complications underneath the surface.  People who are walking through life perhaps with some holiday cheer on the outside, are also struggling to just make it through the next step, to the next crosswalk, to the next street.   Maybe loss, maybe fear, maybe pain, maybe hardship that is not apparent, but whatever it is, I just want to say a prayer out to you to hold on a little longer.  And to me, too.  Hold on a little bit more.  It will be okay, I think, I hope, I pray.


Love and kindness to the world.

2 comments:

  1. Love and kindness to you always, Jane. It is a hard time of year dealing with the co-parenting issues. When I say issues that's I nice way of saying dealing with an a**hat. :P Stay strong! You will get through this and I'm certain you will find joy in the small moments with your girls and husband. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Lisa! I really appreciate them! Happy happy holidays to you! <3

      Delete