Monday, March 13, 2017

Passive-Aggressive does not Suprise


Image credit: here



Dear World,

I need some advice.  I’m traveling for work in a couple of months, so I’ve asked the Exie if I could switch week ends, so that I could have Mother’s Day week end with the girls instead of the week end that I’m traveling.  I’ve emailed him once a week for three weeks now.

Response in Week 1:  ….

Response in Week 2:  I’ll double check my schedule and get back to you by the end of the week.

Response in Week 3:   I’m confused, I thought the week end you’re traveling is my week end, and Mother’s Day week end is yours.

To which I responded, because the visitation schedule has changed a bit due to DD2 turning 7, that is not the case, can you please let me know if you’ll swap.

And here we are.  By the way, the turnaround time for communication was recommended to be 24 hours.  And of course if I don’t respond within the 24 hour mark I usually hear about it.

And…because, it takes 3-4 weeks to get something like this handled. 

And I guess I have to let go and carry on, because there’s nothing I can do about this.  Unless you have other ideas? 

Le Sigh. 

In other exciting news, there was an award ceremony for the schools in our district on Saturday, DD1 was one of the many students being recognized with her school; I attended with some fellow moms, since it was his week end, didn’t want to rock the boat and try and sit with him, plus there were at least 500-600 people crowded around the mall stage.  Afterwards, when we went to congratulate the kids and take pictures, I said hello, to which he did not acknowledge me.  When I said goodbye, he still did not acknowledge me.  But I was able to give the girls a congratulatory present and take a group picture of DD1 with her BFFs.  I sent it to the moms and included him on the text, because why not be a kind person in the face of...whatever. 

The girls have sold all their girl scout cookies, DD1 won a tennis match over the week end, and I managed to not kill DD2’s guppies that she brought home from school last week.  (I can do a dog, but I get insecure about guppies, lol, especially when changing the water).

So…all in all…life goes on, and I have to figure out how to let go of anxiety around the Ex.

I’m looking forward to some quality time with the girls when they come home tonight, and for this coming week end.  Breathe in peace. 

2 comments:

  1. You're amazing. I can't even say hello.

    At this point I'd send an email saying you assume he's checked his schedule and the swap is fine because you haven't heard otherwise. And thank you for your cooperation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your words of encouragement, Liv!!!! <3 <3 <3

      Delete